Saturday, June 14, 2008

_Bored in the Arboretum_ was composed from Sept. 2006 to May 2007 and then revised until May 2008, in this private-public space of a blog. (7 months writing, 12 revising.) In April or May 2008 I showed it to Rikki Ducornet and because of her encouragement and advice am now revising what is now _wired to zone_, adding extensively to its backstory, dropping the walls of words in brackets, cutting the opening down somewhat, making it a whole (when she said this, I said to her, "But it ends wioth the lights going out," the end of a chapter type of ending, and she said "So?" I think that is very funny and like to believe I would have realized that myself). Her advice on backstory was masterful: "Consider your characters' relation to each others." It shoves you far into the process and is extraordinarily simple. Highly useful.

Brilliant woman and an extraordinary writer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home